Thursday, July 3, 2008

3 July 2008

Tuesday morning was bad. The pain on my abdomen has increased and spread to my back. It was so painful that I could barely lie down, sit or walk.

I called up NUH and was told to proceed to A&E. Luckily Aunty Judy managed to get my Oncologist to see me directly. Unless it is a life and death situation, the wait at the A&Es are usually very long.

I stayed in for 2 nights. The docs doubled my Morphine dosage from 2.5ml to 5ml. At night, I get 10ml. The pain is more or less controlled. I have not slept so much for years.

Good News! My kidneys and liver functions are fine. I have always been very paranoid about my kidneys because the doc says that the tumor on my pelvic is pressing against the ureter (that’s the tube that urine is stored). If it is blocked completely, they might have to puncture my left kidney.

However, my blood count is on the low side. She says that if it drops further, I will need transfusion. My mum is going to boil more liver soup for me. Hopefully, it will be within range when I go back to NUH on Monday.

My hair is everywhere. Every time I run my fingers through my hair, at least 5 strands will drop off. I have put all the strands beside my pillow and they are forming into huge clumps. They look like fur balls. My dear friends, Andy and Jen have volunteered to shave for me on Saturday. I will post the pics and videos.

Please do not worry for me when you hear that I am in hospital. It is going to be very common in the next few months. I am very well taken care of during my stays. I am good at pressing the buzzer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the state of your hair is macham mine. except yours will grow back. I need beijing 101 . ha ha t.