Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fertility

4 down, 30 to go.

As my ovaries get BBQed away, let me take this time to share my thoughts on this topic.


It was not long ago that I told my PoPo (maternal granny) that when Mr Right comes along, I'll get married and give her great-grandchildren quickly (not just one, at least two). I am not getting younger anymore, I'd better do so before my reproductive system shuts down. I can imagine how much joy the little babies will bring to the whole family. To me, having babies completes a family.

Now that I've gone for 4 sessions of RT, this hope no longer holds. Having to preserve my eggs will mean delaying the treatments further and thus risking my life.
Anyway, surrogacy is not legalised in Singapore.

I cant write the wonderful feelings of motherhood till I have experienced it myself. I can never call someone my flesh and blood.

Its funny how the world revolves, some furtile couples doesnt want children and those who cant have children prays day and night for one.

On a brighter note, a fortune teller told me that I will recover and get married. He said my husband will love me for who I am. We will not have any children, but adoption is an option.

Well,
if my prince never finds his way up the stairs, I will fall back on my famous Spinsterhood fund (That's another story).

9 comments:

Edmund Sim said...

I will suggest to Papa and Mama to built an escalator that leads that prince "charming" in to your room. Ermm... on 2nd tots, it would be cheaper for you to shift to the first floor. - Just Edmund

Anonymous said...

hahaha i like your comment Edmund. Shandy you write so well you could write a book. I would buy hundreds.

Luke xx

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and remembering you especially at mass in Bournemouth at Corpus Christi church.

Love , Kate
(Friend of Luke's mother)

Anonymous said...

Matthew 11: 28 - 30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."


I am praying for you Shandy. I finish my radiotherapy on Friday you describe it so well.
(Luke's mum) Maggie x

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Luke Lovegrove and he told me about your story. I have read your blog and I think you are amazing. I wish you all the best in your treatment and recovery and with an attitude like yours, I know there will be a happy ending.

How can any prince charming resist such a spirit!

Love and prayers to you and your family. Jo x

Unknown said...

well, after the escalators/travellator and shifting to the first floor is done..

there's still the good ole method of using a trail biscuit crumbs to bait Prince Charming..

the question is .. wat flavour of biscuits to buy..

Anonymous said...

I need brother like yours, Shandy.

Well, at least the fortune teller said something good. Be positive and stay happy!

SM

Irene said...

Hi, Shandy,

I must say that you can really write fantastically well.....we at CSL will pray hard for your recovery......

Take care!

Edmund Sim said...

Hi Irene, you should read how well my sis writes abt her shoes...

she can describe a pair of black shoes in 1001 ways.