Wednesday, July 9, 2008

10 July 2008

Things are not going well for me. It seems like my condition has deteriorated. No one has promised that it is going to be a smooth ride.

My blood count was only 7.8. The healthy range is above 10. I had my 1st blood tranfusion on tuesday. Although my blood count is not up to mark yet, it is now at 9.5.


The CT scan shows that my tumor has grown by 1cm on all dimensions after the 1st chemo. It is now 8cm x 7cm x 6cm. This is not a good sign, the cancer cells have won the battle in Round 1. The 2nd chemo has been called off by the doctors.

I will start on the standard treatments from tomorrow. Daily radiotherapy (RT) and weekly chemo. Hopefully this works.

My apologies for the missed calls and smses. This is one episode that I do not want to keep repeating.

I have to move on and I will get well.


1 comment:

Choco Tan said...

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown~"

Persevere and win...!You can do it!! Jia you!