Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hairy Issue

The hair's gone.

Barber Andy came by to shave for me. While it wasnt easy for me, I am sure it wasnt easy for him as well. I was crying while he shaved. It took a lot of guts to do it. Thank you so much. I am very happy that one of my closest friends did the task.


Andy and my mum were looking out for 4 digits on my scalp to buy lottery! Hey!


Jen and Gin came to cheer for me. They have found a new way to say hi, by rubbing my head...

I feel very ugly in my new do, but I know I must do it. My hair was falling all over the place and I didnt want to go through the trauma of seeing it fall. Anyway, how attractive can I look while going through chemo. The higher Morphine dosage makes me sleep all the time, therefore my face is perpetually swollen.

The little hairs left on my head have started to drop too. Therefore the "white" areas are growing bigger. Its like a globe with the continents getting smaller by the day.

It feels really weird being bald. I feel like I'm wearing a hat all the time. Its chilly when I dont cover up.

The good thing about this is that shampooing takes a couple of seconds and it dries almost instantly. Styling takes no effort. :)

I will be warded from tomorrow for my next chemo. I will be there for about 4 days. Wish me luck.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lemme know the ward, room and bed when you have one.

My chemo starts the week after yours. 4 days too, with 1 day of injection after that.

Jia you. I am with you in this...literally. haha

SM

Anonymous said...

hi Shandy,

You are really one brave lady and I salute you for that! I am sure you will emerge from this as a winner. Fight on, gal!

p2

Patricia - bai rui xia said...

shandy, real beauty comes from within, yes seeing your hair drop is like terrible, i am a leo, i know how attached we are to our hair! but your beauty lies within your soul. be true to yourself, and you will always shine...
***
good luck today

Anonymous said...

Shandy it's Luke I have some things to pass to you from my Mum and her friend. They want to twll you how much they are praying for you. I will pass to you when you're feeling strong enough for me to visit. Let me know how your second chemo went. Luke

Anonymous said...

You are having prayers said for you by the 'Poor Clare Nuns.' Also from me and my friends.

Love
Maggie
x ( Luke's mum )

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, you will look fantabulously chic without hair - think Sinead O'Connor!! You now have an excuse to have wear the boho look with head scarves... & top it off with sexy maxi dresses.... Woohoo!! =)

Join you & Jen for brunch when you're up for it.

Take care,
Michelle