Monday, August 4, 2008

The "IT" Bag

16 down, 18 more to go

Sorry, I havent been posting for the past 4 days. I had to lie flat on my back to apply pressure on the part where they have inserted the tube to the left kidney. I took the opportunity to catch up on some sleep.


On Friday, the docs decided to remove the tube from the kidney since no infection was found in the kidney. The docs said that I had to do a scan to make sure that my ureter was not blocked by the tumour before the tube can be removed. (The ureter connects the kidney and the bladder). If my ureter is blocked, urine will be stuck at the kidney, causing it to swell and in time, fail. I dont wish to be caught buying myself a kidney from Indonesia.


When I was at the procedure room, the doc injected some liquids into the tube. I can feel my bladder and intestines filling up. It was extremely uncomfortable and I was hyperventilating. My ureter is indeed blocked my tumour and the tube cannot be removed.
Docs had suggested putting a stem in the ureter to stop the blockage. But they said the chances of a successful procedure is only 50%. I have decided to not go ahead with the stem. I will live the tube and the urine bag (The "IT" Bag) till my tumour gets smaller (which wont be long).

My fever has gone off in the past few days. I had my chemo and RT today.

Am all ready to be discharged tomorrow. Home Sweet Home... Yay!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be strong.
the therapy session will end in no time.just look forward to the end of every week, which was what i did back then.

dont lose faith

Anonymous said...

加油,加油,加油 !!!

您行的!!!
明天会更好哦!!

您的忠实读者
黄师傅

Anonymous said...

We are very happy to hear from you again,beautiful girl!
We love your spirit of sharing this rocky adventure.
Keep writing till we can rejoice your conquest in this battle!
(My friends read your blog but they are too tongue-tied to commend)
DeSilva

kiwi pang said...

Gucci bag, Chanel bag, Prada bag... now IT bag... in my ex-rockstar fashion guru's opinion, this bag looks ugly... kindly return the bag, screw the refund...

Anonymous said...

almost there! HANG ON!

Anonymous said...

Never really had the chance to know you well in OC days. You are really very strong and positive. Stay this way, am sure your strength will fight through this difficult phase. Take care.