Sunday, August 17, 2008

17 August 2008

25 down, 9 to go.

Been Chemo girl again. It's become a routine. I will feel quite well right after chemo and the effects come in after 3 days. This time round, I'm not so tired. Things were alright except for last night. I had chronic stomach spasms again. It feels like my intestines were going to explode. You should know by now that I have very low tolerance for anything that has got to do with my stomach.

I have lost another 2 kg over the past couple of days. The Livestrong band (Youth Size) that I've been wearing now hangs midway on my forearm. If only weight loss was so easy when I was healthy.

Brachy starts tomorrow. I'm not thinking about it. Just take it in stride. If it got to hurt, I will just have to bear with it. The pain will go away eventually.

P.S. Some comments got deleted accidentally. Sorry.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dear, had just realised you have a blog recently.. read all of it and feels that you are such a brave ger! I rem you telling me about the paris trip.. isnt it better now that you can model in paris with a slimmer figure and im sure all the guys there will turn their heads as you walk past.. =P this time round you can buy more things as well to make up for your this year's trip! (though buying things doesnt need to have an excuse, but this would be good to convince yourself to buy even more!)Cant wait to hear what new things you are going to buy.. Quick get well soon! I know you can do it! Pain is superficial and its going to be history! Most important is that u will leave it and move on to a beautiful new life! U will always get my support! Ganbatte ne! Cheers sweetie! >,< luv, Cec...

Anonymous said...

heya hope u had a (less) painless weekend.Watch the table tennis and cheer on our sg team, mabbe that'll take some off your mind for the moment.

We'll be here for you
Be strong

Anonymous said...

Hi Shandy!

Just read your blog. Wow, it took me almost an hour! Your description of your discovery and treatment journey really gave me an insight of how young patients feel. Remember, you are NOT alone. And you are NOT the youngest patient we have. We see babies, toddlers and teenagers with cancers too. Cancer can hit any one. Everyone is fighting against cancer. You are a strong girl. We shall fight together to win your war!

PS: Hope you are ok today after Brachytherapy. I know it's frightening, but it one more step to recovery and feeling better. Are your legs still wobbly? See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Good keep it up,beautiful girl.
Your positive attitude will see you through,till brighter days greet you again!
My friends say that you are always beautiful to them too,thin or fat!

DeSilva

Anonymous said...

I read your blog on my own now,mum don't remind me.Know why??
You let me learn that life is a challenge and mental strength is very important.You are impressive,so strong and determine to face this truama positively!I have flu today but I must be happy.
Ah Spoilt

Anonymous said...

Ok now,not angry that my comment got erased..sorry,I write in short form...and bad spelling...
You will get well, against all odds, bear with it!