Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Pain

Life with the "IT" bag is not as easy as it seems to be. Besides emptying the bag regularly, the discomforts that come with it is plentiful. Though it has been 2 weeks since the procedure, my back still hurts. I cant sit up for too long as it tugs. So, lying down all day is a good choice.

When I drink water, I can almost feel the "suction". It is very uncomfortable. I wonder if half the water I drink gets processed by the left kidney or its a different ratio. I get stomach spasms too. Got to stick with this bag for another 2 months. The next review with the urologist is in Oct.

R-Rated
RT has burnt the insides of my rectum. I cant find a word to describe the pain. All I can say is that every trip to the loo leaves me in tears. Really got to "tar han". Hope this is the darkest of my journey.

Everybody stay healthy.

11 comments:

kiwi pang said...

...if u wanna see the rainbow you've to put up with the rain... remember my dear, it won't rain all the time...

and know that I am here, even at a distance, this rain hiding my own tears, knowing my words can wipe your fears...

Jinny in the bottle said...

Shandy,

加油! All from Delivery sent u their well wishes. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Cry,if you must,beautiful girl.
I'm also crying with you,can't help feeling your pain!
The sun will shine again on you,be strong.
You'll be blessed.
DeSilva

Anonymous said...

hi,u r in pain bt stll share wi us.
u r great,girl!
no worries,bad times will pass soon.
my frnds say,chin up,u can get better!

Anonymous said...

It might be or it might not but definitely you'll strive through =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shandy,

Really sad to see you have to put up with all these pains. But gal, you are doing fine and with the right attitude I am sure you are on the way to a complete recovery soon.

Keep the faith and we will all be with you. Hopefully with God's blessing the pain will be over soon.

James

Anonymous said...

Shandy,

If wishes were flowers, I would send you a big bunch and say "Get well soon!"

Dunno if you're Catholic/Christian or not, anyway, I've prayed for you, on and off, since James told me about your illness...

Be strong and optimistic. God will be with you always. ^__^

Selina

Anonymous said...

Why bad things happen to good people?I ask why too,when I can hardly walk..Quote from a Chritian,'God has his plan,remember Job.'A Buddhist calls it Karma,etc..I'm neither,but,I know it is only an obstacle leading to a better future..for you too,Shandy!
Jas

Anonymous said...

Healthy people get cancer and sudden heart attack too!Nobody can tell future but one can live for the present.Make the best of the treatment,STRIVE through,like Kaiyan said.Each day brings new hope...
Regular reader.

Anonymous said...

All the best to you!
Beat it,and smile again!
Love the smile in your profile photo.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shandy, you are rly brave and optimistic. Things will turn out fine. Just hang in there. You've come a long long way. And I'm sure you see that the finishing line is closer than before. Reach the finishing line and this nightmare will be over. Your family, friends and readers are here for you, praying for you. So continue the positive spirit and attitude. You can do it!