Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brachytherapy

22 down 12 to go.

Next week, I will be starting on Brachytherapy. There are 6 sessions in total and is p art of the Radiotherapy programme. This is the toughest part of the course. All these while, the RT involves just external beaming, but Brachytherapy will beam internally. My cervix will be expanded (info: a woman's cervix will expand only during childbirth.) Doc says it will be rather uncomfortable but he promises that all treatments will be "humane".

Frankly, I dread Brachytherapy, but this is the last lap and I must complete it. I did my last chemo yesterday. I must get well soon. I miss my independence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah,go 4 it!
Kill EVERY evil cancer cell,YES!
u'll hv d last laf...u'll WIN n hv INDEPENDANCE agn..

Anonymous said...

No worries, 1st Brachy session maybe uncomfortable, but subsequent treatments will be easier to go thru.