Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scary Brachy

Yesterday was my first session of Brachy. I am still trying to recover from the trauma. I dont think I can post details of the treatment as it will either make your cringe or "flag" this blog. All I will share is it involves 3 metal L-shape rods (about 20cm long) and tons of discomfort. It took 3 hours. I wonder if giving birth is easier.

I came out of the treatment in total shock. I couldnt cry out. I just sat there with my mum. Pale.

I got 4 more sessions to go. I hope it gets easier.

This is the last lap. This is the last lap. This is the last lap.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be strong like you always are...give me a buzz when you are free! Your ex-OCBC friend who just left...

Anonymous said...

Be Strong! U will make it, i am sure! :)

Your situation makes mine pale so much in comparison.... haha... U are definitely a much stronger person than me... :P

When u are well, we go drink (wine) la!

charsiewrice said...

加油!

Anonymous said...

Am sure in no time all these will be over and you will stronger!

Anonymous said...

Dear gal, i've been silently reading your blog..and felt greatly encouraged by your optimism in life. Keep it dat way, i definitely tink it'll help u fight the illness. Like u mentioned, this is the last lap, so keep going and don't give up!
Serene Lee :)

Anonymous said...

This should not be happening!Look,bear with it;whatever has to be done,must be done.Every procedure brings new hope,better chances of a full recovery..
I pray that one day,you can share your triumph over cancer,like yesterday's Olympic open-water marathon winner,Maarten van der Weijden!(read ST pgB23, Aug22)
Des's mom

Anonymous said...

Child birth is worse,believe me!
It is the first time shock,the subsequent times will be more bearable,like childbirth.
You'll be ok.
Jas

Anonymous said...

Hey,u ll b ok! soon all ths ll b in d past, n u cn smile agn...
sy cheeze, or grind ur teeth, b strng or weak, nvr mind...b urself...God luv u, HE ll help u!

Double Ls and Mommy said...

Mommy says brave cancer-fighters like Aunty Shandy and my 外婆 deserve our utmost respect.

Aunty Shandy, I salute you!! Don't give up!!