Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

17 down, 17 more to go. (I've completed half of it! Yay!)

"The longer you stay in hospital, the more faults the docs will find on you. Better get out soon. " Anonymous

I'm home, finally. I've been in hospital for 2 weeks. This is the longest stay since. I've even spent my Big 3 birthday in the hospital. The bill came up to $13,000. I've spent almost $40,000 on this nightmare. I'm so glad that my bank will be paying part of the expenses. Medical expenses are getting really expensive these days, I had to pay almost $1300 for being a pin cushion, each time they fix the intervenous plug, it costs $55 (excluding the price of the plug which is $25). Better load up your critical illness insurance.

I'm feeling good today. No fever, no pains, nothing. Just kinda bloated (3Kg) from the yesterday's chemo. There's an improvement, I put on 4 Kg in the last chemo. Maybe it's gonna be just 2Kg next week. Fingers crossed.

I will be getting well soon. I cant wait to take a holiday. My friends will know that if I werent sick, I will be in London/Paris now. I can even tell you where exactly I will be. My travelling routine is rather standard. I am such a habitual creature. I take the same route when I sight-see and stop to take pictures from the same locations. This is how much I love London and Paris. I'll be there 2 times next year to make up for the "missed" trip. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL, YOU WILL BE!

THE FORCE WILL BE WITH YOU.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know u r doing well. :)

charsiewrice said...

Be our tour guide to Paris and London!! I have never been there :-(

Anonymous said...

Yes Girl! and you will organise for the gang as well ya? shopping is key! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey,you are home at last!
I feel very happy too!
Look, the sea is never forever stormy,agree?
Jas

Anonymous said...

Hurray,one hurdle down!
You are at home now!
JJ

Anonymous said...

hippee,one down! You are home!
I'm sure you WILL be free of cancer.
jj manam

Bugs Bunny said...

Hi Shandy,

I am Geraldine's close friend. Wish you all the best fighting your battle with cancer.

You can do it. Stay cheerful and get well soon.