Sunday, September 14, 2008

14 Sept 2008

I was given 3 pints of blood on Wednesday. The most I have gotten, usually its just 1 or 2 pints. My blood count is now 10.7. It was 6.6 before the transfusion. Doc says the RT treatment caused the low blood count. The machine was beaming on my bone marrow.

Having enough blood really makes a difference. I can now walk up to my bedroom (3rd storey) without stopping on the second floor for a break.

I'm feeling better though I have lost a bit more weight. I have been eating but I cant eat much at a time. I think my stomach has shrunk. I try to eat more often.

I've been trying to walk around the house. My legs are very weak because I havent been using them. I have been lying in bed 24/7 . They are extremely wobbly when I walk. I'd better exercise more often or I will have to go for physiotherapy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Girl! Dat's the spirit, hope & possibilities are eternal.

Believe & make it so. You manifest your will.

Just focus on getting better & better, there's a healing light awakening within your being.

Breathe in wellness & calmness, exhale your undesirables.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shandy,

Seems your're quite weak these days. Sorry to hear that, but dun worry, you'll definitely win the battle. Take more rest =)

Be strong!

I'll keep praying for you.

Selina

Anonymous said...

Shandy, you are the strongest person I ever know. Stay stronger and become stronger everyday. =)

DW

Anonymous said...

This is a slow and tortuous road that will lead to a better tomorrow.
Look ahead with pride,for you have battled so bravely!
I will certainly celebrate your remission one day,as I am celebrating for Kaiyan now!
Jas

Anonymous said...

Be patient and your determination WILL pay off...There will always be ups and downs...
Try not to strain yourself though you must exercise a little...
I fully agree with the first comment here too; "you can manifest your will"
KN

Anonymous said...

Nutrition & Exercise

At times I would lose my appetite during chemo. I didn't feel like eating anything. So I started making my own fruit and vegetable juice with a juicer. I'm not a big fan of vegetable juice, actually, I find it disgusting. But using mind over matter (if you don't mind, it don't matter) and a bit of imagination, I pretend the vegetable juice is a thick chocolate shake, helps.

As for exercise, even walking a short distance back and forth in your room, gradually making it longer will help tone up your muscles.

Think of fun ways in doing things. It helps feeling positive.

RT

Anonymous said...

Hi Shandy,

Keep going strong, and we are sure that you will continue to be blessed and win the battle real soon..

Hugz.. one of your fellow uni mates, from EEE,
feo

Anonymous said...

Gal there is only one word to describe you now. Strong. your mental strength is your greatest armour. you have won many battles big and small.. your family and friends like me definitely believe in you and your almighty gal power!
miss you...

Anonymous said...

If you ever feel discouraged by this suffering which seems to have no progress,believe in MIRACLES...someone was given 3 months but a year down the road,he is still here,relatively well,and hopeful of better days...
JJ

Anonymous said...

Hello Shandy, how have you been recently? Just hope you are recovering well. Take care and stay positive! Valerie.