Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Missing her

I mentioned a couple of times before that I do not carry the same flair in writting blogs as Shandy. However, in my attempt to keep this blog updated I will try my best.

The last few days was like a dream that I could not wake up from. I was telling some of Shandy's friends that I had yet to sit with my parents to consolidate and reason what had actually happened. And in the midst of the wake services, there were some misunderstandings between friends and family. Everyone wanted the best for Shandy. Without elaborating, I guess you will understand what exactly I mean.

Sad as I may be, please do not sympathise. On reading the postings my sis made, never once she pity herself. It was her strength, determination and sense of humour that kept her going.

While I recall the events that happened over the last 2 weeks, I would like to mention my sis's "just do it" spirit. Shandy became slightly disillusion while she was in hospital. Her mind was very active still but she could not express clearly what she wanted. Her speech slowly became unclear too. However, her statements "Let's do it" and "Let's go" were the clearest of all. We never had to second guess what she wanted once she made those statement.

She still made her own decisions while in the hospital. She will "command" us on when she would like to take pill A or which position she wanted to sit. Yes, she was still managing us in her own way.

There are many other scenarios that were distinctively "Shandy". I will share more with you soon.

Lastly, I would like to thank my relatives, friends and even neighbours for coming by to the wake to give my parents the encouragement. Thanks~~~

Edmund

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job in update this blog. Well done!
Shandy never did want to be treated as a sick person.
I believe she also don't wish her family and friends to carry this sad moments forever.
In a different view and I hope I am not offending anyone.
You may lost Shandy physically, but deep inside every family members of yours, she still there, so you don't lose everything of hers. But from her departure, you and your family also gain to know more of shandy's friends, (which now could had become your family friends), closer neighbourly feel, closer family bonding. She is trying to give you more that what you had loss....
Hold on to what you had gain...

Anonymous said...

Hi Edmund. I know your sister through OCBC. It was a pity I never really know her well but through her blog entries, she's impressed me with her positive and fighting spirit till the very end.

I'm very happy that you're keeping her blog alive - it's a good place for me to know more about her, despite her leaving.

And you've written well, because it's through the real emotions that you share that makes it all the more special.

Keep it going.

|| LuxeLass||

Anonymous said...

We have lost a beautiful and loving woman to cervical cancer . I am so sorry for your loss, and I can't imagine what your family is going through now.

Please pass on the message..Have regular pap smears test. A Pap test can find changes in cervical cells before they turn into cancer. If you treat these cell changes, you may prevent cervical cancer. It hurts so much to lose someone you love.

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Shandy certainly wld not want sympathy from others. She definitely want people to remember her as the strong, positive lady.

Hey Boss, how's it there in Heaven? Bet you are now happily playing with the angels. But don't forget the time we had in North Branch. How you saunter into the office in that super glam hair do, super nice power suit, super expensive LV bag and super high stilettos. The Chinese New Year which we had steamboat in branch, and the Bali trip where we shared a room together.

I'll always remember you.

SM

Anonymous said...

Oh and Shandy, just remembered how irrationally terrified of lizards you were. Remember one fine day in the quiet office of North Branch, you screamed and shouted and squealed and wailed for the guys to get rid of that teeny weeny little baby lizard in the female toilet.

Still have you on friendster. Guess it's the best way to remember you with.

SM

Anonymous said...

Hi Shandy, It's New year Eve...
Happy new year to you and your family!

Irene said...

Edmund,

You are doing a great job in updating this blog and I am sure that Shandy is really proud of having a brother like you. Although I only got to know your lovely mum during the two times that I visited Shandy and then the wake and the final funeral service, I must say that she is the strongest lady that I have ever met. Please help to convey my regards to her and take good care of her and not forgetting your dad.

Irene

Unknown said...

A beauty of life...

Like a breeze in the open...
She has touched and left us remembering...

Took me 30 mins to browse through but a lot of guts to grind through those months...

I admire her deeply...

of the courage she has displayed...
of the optimistic character she has brought out...